This candidate leaflet for voters in Beighton is a gross misrepresentation of the governance referendum and its choices – in effect, the opposite of what this leaflet says is the truth. The words here also go directly against both Cabinet and council papers.We have asked the candidate to stop distributing her leaflet (and ask local Beighton voters to get in touch if they are still receiving it), we have written to the Leader of the council to take action, and we have written to the Chief Executive of SCC to request they take swift action under the Referendum Regulations where they have a role in correcting misinformation.
- Complaint about council’s referendum leaflet (and explanation)
- Alert to Beighton residents: Candidate’s election leaflet incorrect
- LOCAL ELECTION CANDIDATES SUPPORTING ‘CHANGE’ IN SHEFFIELD PEOPLE’S REFERENDUM ON 6th May 2021
- IT’S OUR CITY! CAMPAIGN ACTIVITIES UPDATE 27th March 2021
- Letter to Star, 19th March 2021